The Winnebago County Literacy Council creates opportunities for people to read, write, and speak English, and perform everyday skills with confidence. Our vision is to create an engaging community where everyone has the opportunity to realize his or her potential through literacy. Our core values are empowerment, compassion, collaboration, inclusion, commitment, and a focus on outcomes.
WCLC gets remarkable results. In 2016:
- More than 250 learners received 1-1 tutoring, group tutoring, and homework help.
- WCLC had 205 participants in English classes.
- There were 81 adults registered in the Road to Work program for Refugees and Immigrants.
- There were 536 participants with English classes, Road to Work, and tutoring.
- WCLC trained more than 100 tutors, including a class of UW Oshkosh Quest III students.
- More than 4,000 hours were donated by WCLC volunteers to improve the lives of learners in WCLC's learner-centered (1-1) tutoring program, served on our board, as grant editor, and participated in events and special projects.