The Winnebago County Literacy Council creates opportunities for people to read, write, and speak English, and perform everyday skills with confidence. Our vision is to create an engaging community where everyone has the opportunity to realize his or her potential through literacy. Our core values are empowerment, compassion, collaboration, inclusion, commitment, and a focus on outcomes.
WCLC gets remarkable results: in 2015, alone
- More than 170 learners received 1-to-1 tutoring, group tutoring, and homework help.
- 532 learners were served during 2015 with English classes, Road to Work, and tutoring.
- In 2015, the WCLC had 264 participants in English classes.
- WCLC trained over 50 tutors in 2015.
- Over 3,000 hours were donated by WCLC Volunteers, to improve the lives of learners in the WCLC's Learner-Centered (One-to-One) Tutoring program, served on our board, grant editor, and participated in events and special projects.